Friday 27 September 2013

REVIEW: Top Gun Armor - Light Grav Tank and Grav IFV

By Harold

To order or request an email catalog, e-mail Rob at: topgungrav@yahoo.com

There is a sale going on now until Oct 10:  http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=283386

I have wanted to order some Top Gun Grav tanks for a while and I finally got around to it the other day. I ordered 2x Type 22 Grav Infantry Fighting Vehicle with AADS and 1x Type 9 Light Grav Tank with AADS.



 Type 9 Light Grav Tank
These are very nice kits.  Well cast, and nice crisp edges. They come with resin hulls and metal parts. The tank has the hull, turret, barrel and antenna.  The IFVs have door panels and a 3-piece turret.  Also included were some extra pieces I didn't use (maybe different antennas?) and some rare earth magnets.  It was great to get the magnets since these turrets would work well magnetized, you would just have to drill some holes.

Two Type-22 Grav IFV and one Type 9 Light Grav Tank
I ordered mine with the "active armor bumps" AADS, although they come in smooth varieties too.

Type-22 Grav IFV and one Type 9 Light Grav Tank (left)

For these pictures I placed the tanks on dice to lift them up a bit.  I haven't quite decided what I am going to do for the bases.  Probably a washer with a thin sturdy wire to hold them up.

The recon patrol secure a comm relay while technicians look on.
Comm tower from Warmill, figures from Ground Zero Games
I really like the look of these vehicles and they match the infantry I have very well.  I would imagine with the IFVs the troops would be in a fairly reclined position, and that it would easily hold 6 troops.  I don't see that as too out there, since reducing the cross section size on a grav tank would be top priority.  They match well with other vehicles I have, such as vehicles from GZG and Khurasan Miniatures.

The recon patrol secure a comm relay while technicians look on.
Comm tower from Warmill, figures from Ground Zero Games

I really like these tanks, I'll have to order more soon.  Top Gun has tons of different options and they are having a sale going on right now!

I rate these vehicles a:
6 reclined grav IFV riders out of 6!

2 comments:

  1. Nice paint jobs, Harold.

    I love those tanks. I have one of the smooth ones and they are cool too.

    ReplyDelete